About the Crosby S502 Closed Swage Socket:
- The Crosby S502 Closed Swage Socket ranges from 6mm to 52mm.
- Forged from special bar quality carbon steel, and are suitable for cold forming.
- The Swage Socket terminations have an efficiency rating of 100% based on
the catalog strength of wire rope.
- Hardness is controlled by spheroidize annealing.
- Stamp for identification after swaging without concern for fractures
(as per directions in Wire Rope End Terminations User’s Manual).
- The Swage sockets incorporate a reduced machined area of the shank which
is equivalent to the proper “After Swage” dimension. Before swaging,
this provides for an obvious visual difference in the shank diameter.
After swaging, a uniform shank diameter is created allowing for a
QUIC-CHECK® and permanent visual inspection opportunity.
- Designed to quickly determine whether the socket has been through
the swaging operation and assist in field inspections, it does not
eliminate the need to perform standard production inspections
which include gauging for the proper “After Swage” dimensions or
*Please contact us to check the availability of this product*