About the Ridgegear RGL20 Kinetic Fall Arrest Lanyard:
- The RGL20 is available in two standard lengths: 1.3m and 1.8m excluding connectors.
- The RGL20 is a new innovation in safety lanyards, which incorporates inner webbing that, in the event of a fall will stretch under a constant controlled force thus reducing the impact on the wearer.
- The outer webbing provides additional strength way in excess of the 22kN requirements of EN354.
- Typical results show a breaking load of around 27kN.
- In addition to the ambient tests required of EN354 / 355, this product has also been tested in wet, frozen wet and frozen dry conditions of ” 35 degrees C.
- The RGL20 only has these 2 components, thus providing versatility, simplicity and negates the need for a separate bulky shock pack.
- The fall arrest force trace is a lot smoother than with conventional tear webbing, and the permanent elongation (displacement) is also less at approx 1.20m for a fail factor 2.
- Tear webbing extends by approx 1.55m, therefore the clearance below the user can be reduced.
- Inspection is simplified due to minimal use of components, and the total weight is less than other typical lanyard types.
- The RGL20 also incorporates a rip stitch indicator that automatically deploys in the event of a fall.
- The outer webbing is also treated with a water repellent coating, which should extend the life of this product.
- This lanyard should be used when the operative is working from a static position, connected to a fixed anchor point.